Canes' Martinook, de Haan have offseason surgeries
- Francis named GM of expansion Seattle
- Police say Greg Johnson's death suicide
- Avalanche lock up F Compher for 4 years
- Red Wings re-sign D Hicketts for 2 years
- Capitals' Ovechkin to make trip to China
General manager Don Waddell said Tuesday that Martinook had a procedure on a core muscle while de Haan's surgery was on his right shoulder.
Martinook is expected to recover in 4-6 weeks while de Haan will be out 4-6 months.
The 26-year-old Martinook had a career-best 15 goals with five game-winners, and was in and out of the lineup during the playoffs due to injuries. The 28-year-old de Haan injured his shoulder against Pittsburgh on March 31 but returned for Game 4 of the first-round playoff series against Washington.
More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/NH and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated May 21, 2019