Penguins' Evgeni Malkin suspended 1 game for high stick
- Holtby sharp as Capitals beat Flyers 3-1
- Blackhawks end skid with OT win over Avs
- Bobrovsky, Columbus blank Canucks
- Hurricanes rally to beat Canadiens in OT
- Isles' Lehner blanks Coyotes for 5th SHO
The league announced the suspension on Tuesday following a hearing between Malkin and the league's department of player safety.
Raffl and Malkin were tangled up in the neutral zone in the third period with Raffl engaging Malkin physically while Raffl battled for the puck. When the two players broke apart, Raffl punched Malkin in the back of the head and Malkin retaliated by swinging his stick in Raffl's direction. Malkin received a 10-minute match penalty for the infraction.
The league called Malkin's swing "intentional."
The Penguins host Edmonton on Wednesday night.
More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/NHL and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated February 12, 2019