Pens ink G D'Orio to entry-level deal
- Jets D Enstrom to miss up to 8 weeks
- Leafs blank Canadiens, win sixth in row
- Ovechkin bloodied as Caps end Wild's run
- Blackhawks win eighth straight vs. Pens
- Schenn lifts Blues over Canucks in OT
(TSX / STATS) -- The Pittsburgh Penguins signed undrafted free agent goaltender Alex D'Orio to a three-year, entry-level contract, the team announced on Wednesday.
D'Orio posted a 19-2-2 mark with a 2.40 goals-against average and .903 save percentage in 28 games last season for the Saint John Sea Dogs of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The 18-year-old guided the Penguins to the best record (2-0-1) during the 2017 Prospects Challenge, stopping 74 of 82 shots in three appearances. D'Orio also participated in the Penguins' prospect development camp in July.
Updated September 13, 2017