Rangers option lefty Kyle Bird to Triple-A Nashville
- MLB reinstates Dodgers' Urias from leave
- Yanks-BoSox to play on turf for 1st time
- Verlander aims to keep Astros rolling
- Yanks' German seeks 9th win vs. Orioles
- Callaway stays; Cespedes breaks ankle
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) The Texas Rangers have optioned left-hander Kyle Bird to Triple-A Nashville after his second stint in the majors this season.
Bird has a 6.75 ERA with a save in five relief appearances for the Rangers in his first big league action.
Texas will make a corresponding move before Friday's series opener against Houston to fill Bird's spot on the 25-man roster. The Rangers were off Thursday after sweeping a three-game series against the Los Angeles Angels.
The Rangers got Bird from the Tampa Bay Rays during the offseason as part of a three-team deal that sent infielder Jurickson Profar to Oakland.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated April 18, 2019