Alex Cobb to start Baltimore Orioles' opener at Yankees
- Judge hurts oblique, likely headed to IL
- Mets' deGrom throws, may not need MRI
- Yelich homers twice, Brewers top Dodgers
- Twins bash 11 HRs in DH sweep of O's
- Red Sox beat Rays for first series win
SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) Alex Cobb has been picked by new Baltimore manager Brandon Hyde to start the Orioles' opener on March 28 at the New York Yankees.
Cobb was 5-15 with a 4.90 ERA last year in his first season with the Orioles after signing a $57 million, four-year contract on March 21.
The 31-year-old right-hander spent six seasons with Tampa Bay and is 53-50 with a 3.75 ERA.
Right-hander Masahiro Tanaka is scheduled to start for the Yankees.
Hyde said Tuesday that "I've respected Alex for a long time. We all respect him very much for what he's done in his career."
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated March 13, 2019