|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Whitecaps beat Minnesota United 3-0 to take MLS West lead
European Football Headlines
- NAmerica touts 'risk averse' World Cup bid amid Trump issues
- With early goal, Sevilla gets past Atletico in Copa quarters
- Quadruple-chasing Man City through to League Cup final
- Phil Neville hired as manager of England's women's team
- French league terminates goal-line technology contract
- Midfielder Lassana Diarra joins PSG on short-term deal
- Burnley issues hand-off warning after handing Dyche new deal
- Chelsea loans out Kenedy to Newcastle
- Boca's Cardona, Barrios back to training after scandal
- Without Neymar, Messi and Suarez keep Barcelona thriving
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) Yordy Reyna and Brek Shea each had a goal and an assist and the Vancouver Whitecaps beat Minnesota United 3-0 on Wednesday night to join Portland atop the Western Conference standings.
Erik Hurtado also scored for Vancouver (13-9-5). The Whitecaps and Timbers each have 44 points, but Vancouver has the tiebreaker with one more victory - and has played two fewer games. Seattle is third with 43.
David Ousted made just one save for his sixth shutout of the season.
Reyna opened the scoring in the fifth minute, and teamed with Shea to set up Hurtado's goal in the 31st. Shea scored in the 88th.
Expansion Minnesota dropped to 7-15-5.
Updated September 14, 2017