|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Kamara scores 15th goal, Crew tie Sporting KC 1-1
European Football Headlines
- Chelsea loans out Kenedy to Newcastle
- Boca's Cardona, Barrios back to training after scandal
- Without Neymar, Messi and Suarez keep Barcelona thriving
- Burnley ties Dyche to new deal, signs Lennon on loan
- European soccer leaders call for cap on player agent fees
- Spartak Moscow spokesman fined over player's 'racist' tweet
- 5 Croats to serve jail terms for Serbia fan trouble
- Javier Mascherano leaving Barcelona after 8 seasons
- Romania midfielder Stanciu moves to Sparta from Anderlecht
- Street footballer Sanchez to provide spark at Man United
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Ola Kamara scored his 15th goal of the season in first-half stoppage time and the Columbus Crew tied Sporting Kansas City 1-1 on Sunday.
Columbus (13-12-4) had lost six of its last seven regular-season games in the series. Kansas City (10-6-11) snapped a two-game road losing streak.
Kamara headed in Pedro Santos's corner kick to move within four goals of New York City FC's David Villa for the Golden Boot award.
Cristian Lobato opened the scoring in the 19th minute with his first MLS goal. Columbus defender Jonathan Mensah misplayed a long free kick by Matt Besler and Lobato capitalized with a calm shot past Zack Steffen. Lobato, a Spanish midfielder, was playing in just his sixth league game.
Sporting KC goalkeeper Tim Melia has only allowed a goal or less in five straight games, leading to 11 team points.
Updated September 10, 2017