|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Kamara scores 15th goal, Crew tie Sporting KC 1-1
European Football Headlines
- The Latest: No longer a battleground, fans pack Kiev square
- Platini vows to return to soccer after Swiss justice move
- Champs League final: Madrid, Liverpool fans gather in Kiev
- Alessandrini scores in 82nd, Galaxy beat Earthquakes
- Elis scores 7th goal, Dynamo beat NYC 3-1
- Urruti, Gonzalez help FC Dallas beat Toronto FC 1-0
- Disgruntled fans break into Brazil pre-World Cup training
- Southampton hires Hughes as full-time manager
- Authorities drop assault charges against Hope Solo
- Champions League final: Salah challenges Ronaldo's supremacy
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Ola Kamara scored his 15th goal of the season in first-half stoppage time and the Columbus Crew tied Sporting Kansas City 1-1 on Sunday.
Columbus (13-12-4) had lost six of its last seven regular-season games in the series. Kansas City (10-6-11) snapped a two-game road losing streak.
Kamara headed in Pedro Santos's corner kick to move within four goals of New York City FC's David Villa for the Golden Boot award.
Cristian Lobato opened the scoring in the 19th minute with his first MLS goal. Columbus defender Jonathan Mensah misplayed a long free kick by Matt Besler and Lobato capitalized with a calm shot past Zack Steffen. Lobato, a Spanish midfielder, was playing in just his sixth league game.
Sporting KC goalkeeper Tim Melia has only allowed a goal or less in five straight games, leading to 11 team points.
Updated September 10, 2017