Patriots release defensive back Cyrus Jones
- Bengals upgrade WR Green, still doubtful
- Falcons LB Jones won't return vs. Dallas
- Chargers' Bosa to be game-time decision
- Broncos LG Garcia tears ACL at practice
- Lions WR Jones out with knee injury
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) The Patriots have released defensive back Cyrus Jones.
New England announced the move Saturday, ending Jones' second stint with the team.
A second-round pick by the Patriots in 2016, he was released at the end of training camp and signed by the Baltimore Ravens as a practice squad player.
New England re-signed him Sept. 19 with starting safety Patrick Chung recovering from a concussion. Jones appeared in two games, recording one tackle and returning five punts for 45 yards.
More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/tag/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated October 6, 2018