Former Michigan WR Oliver Martin transfers to Iowa
- Smart aware of challenge to beat Saban
- Big 12's 2nd day features 2 new coaches
- UCF picked to win 3rd straight AAC title
- AAC not planning to replace UConn
- UVa has holes to fill around QB Perkins
By The Associated Press
IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) Former Michigan wide receiver Oliver Martin has transferred to Iowa, his hometown school.
The Hawkeyes announced on Tuesday that Martin, a former four-star recruit from Iowa City West High who originally spurned them for the Wolverines, has joined the program as a redshirt sophomore.
The 6-foot-1 Martin caught 11 passes for 125 yards and a touchdown last season for Michigan before entering the transfer portal.
Martin will sit out next season unless he applies to the NCAA for a waiver that would grant him immediate eligibility.
More AP college football: https://apnews.com/Collegefootball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated June 12, 2019