Ex-Memphis guard Jamal Johnson is transferring to Auburn
- Wake places accused coach on leave
- Coach K: No plan of execution for reform
- Duke's Barrett set for Canada homecoming
- Assistant coach says Beilein doing well
- NCAA: Players can return if undrafted
AUBURN, Ala. (AP) Guard Jamal Johnson is transferring from Memphis to Auburn.
Auburn announced Saturday that Johnson has signed a financial aid agreement. He will have three years of eligibility remaining after redshirting next season.
The 6-foot-3, 178-pounder started 27 games and played in 34 for Memphis last season. He averaged 6.9 points and 3.3 rebounds per game.
Johnson was second on the team with 47 3-pointers. He came off the bench the first seven games but had six 3-pointers and 18 points in his starting debut against Bryant.
The Birmingham native was a first-team all-state pick as a senior.
Updated May 26, 2018